Nikon 20×120 IV Telescopic Binoculars with Fork Mount
Designed with traditional Porro prisms allows you to view with both eyes open for more comfort during long observation sessions and presents you with a true 3D view versus conventional single-eyepiece spotting scopes or telescopes. The ratio between magnification and objective lens size yields a generous field of view, ultra-wide exit pupil, and extra-long eye relief to ensure full and clear views without vignetting in all conditions—even at night, when pupils are open and fully dilated. The large objectives also help to offset the dimming that is often associated with high-power optics such as this, even during the day, so views remain bright and clear.
To ensure the best possible view, the eyepiece lenses are designed to compensate for spherical aberration and the entire optical path is fully multi-coated to reveal flat high-contrast views with accurate color free from edge distortion, color fringing, halos, and astigmatism that can interfere with enjoying the scene. Each eyepiece focuses individually to give you the ability to get the tack-sharp views that traditional center focusing mechanisms are sometimes unable to achieve at high magnifications. Winged eyecups conform to your face and keep stray peripheral light from interfering with the view, limiting distractions and increasing contrast and clarity.
To withstand the elements, the chassis is made from a durable and corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy, and the optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging in extreme conditions.
The Nikon 20×120 IV Binoculars are a versatile and powerful optic for viewing terrestrial objects at extreme distances and enjoying wonders of the night sky such as the moon, planets, comets, or some bright deep-sky objects like star clusters or galaxies.
- Powerful 20x magnification is ideal for extreme long-range terrestrial use or for lunar and planetary viewing or wide-field comet hunting
- Large 120mm objective lenses help to offset the dimming that is common with high-power optics during the day and to draw in the light required for astronomy use at night
- Traditional Porro prism light path presents a rich depth of field versus roof prism designs so views have a more 3-D effect when looking through the eyepieces
- Lens system minimizes field curvature and color fringing for a flat and consistent field of view without distortion or astigmatism
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics maximize light transmission for bright and clear images with accurate color rendition and improved contrast and clarity
- 156-foot field of view at 1000 yards
- Manual alt-azimuth dual fork mount for easier use and mounting onto the optional pillar stand
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum
- Anodized finish color matched to the Binoculars and pillar stand
- 70° upward tilt ability
- 30° downward tilt ability
- Full 360° panning ability
- Pre-drilled mounting holes for installation on railing, custom-made rigs/stands, or the optional Nikon Pillar Stand Adapter Plate
- 16-inch height and width
- 5.5-pound weight
Use and Handling
- Binoculars only—optional fork mount and base available separately
- Individual focusing eyepieces ensure tack-sharp images by any user
- 58-74mm interpupillary distance adjustment range
- -5 to +3 dioptric correction range accommodates users who typically require corrective lenses to see clearly
- Fold-down rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Winged (angled) eyecups keep stray peripheral light from interfering with views while improving contrast and limiting distractions
- Ultra-long 20.8mm eye relief provides the room needed for the user to back off the eyepiece for more comfortable viewing with reduced chance of hitting the eyecup and causing distracting vibrations
- Large 6mm exit pupil ensures complete coverage when pupils are fully dilated in low light, such as at dawn or dusk, or at night
- Eco-friendly lead- and arsenic-free glass
- Shock- and corrosion-resistant aluminum chassis and housing
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and submersible for 6.6′ (2m) for up to 10 minutes and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature or environmental conditions
- Weight: 31 pounds