RescueME EDF1 Electronic Distress Flare
The rescueME EDF1 electronic distress flare offers users a safe and long-lasting solution to visual signaling in an emergency.
The unique lens design combined with the use of advanced LEDs and highly efficient circuit technology ensures a constant level of light output throughout the life of the user replaceable battery.
More light output: The light output is a beam of over 30° throughout the full 360° azimuth, providing in excess of six times more light coverage than other electronic flares. Light is also distributed throughout the hemisphere above the unit to ensure visibility from the air.
Safe and capable of multiple uses: Unlike single-use pyrotechnic flares, the rescueME EDF1 can be used repeatedly in any of its four modes, ensuring continued visibility is maintained over a longer period. The unit is both safe to store and operate while also eliminating any worries associated with disposal. The compact size and rugged design means the rescueME EDF1 is the perfect safety product for a grab bag, life raft or hiker’s backpack.
NOTE: As of February 2016, The EDF1 is not a substitute for pyrotechnic flares required under the U.S. Coast Guard’s mandatory carriage regulations.
- Advanced LED technology—Safe operation, Compact, rugged design
- Superb 360 degree visibility in the Azimuth
- Excellent visibility for aircraft and helicopter SAR
- Up to six hours battery use
- Constant brightness maintained throughout the life of the battery
- Four modes of operation plus SOS signaling
- Easy change replaceable battery
- Range up to seven miles
- Waterproof to 10 meters
- Battery test function
- Battery Type: Lithium LiMnO2
- Operating Life: Over six hours in Economy Mode
- Visibility Range: Up to seven miles
- Operating Modes: Economy, Bright, Ultra, Beam, SOS
- Operating Temperature Range: -20°C to +55°C
- Storage Temperature Range: -30°C to +70°C
- Waterproof Rating: 10meters at +20°C
- Weight: 155g (5.5oz)
- Dimensions: 7 3/8″H x 1 11/16″dia. (187mm x 42mm)
- Warranty: Five years
There are no reviews yet.